Friday, June 8, 2012

Books I've Read This Week

I decided to read Horns by Joe Hill since I'm a huge fan of his graphic novel series Locke & Key that he writes with Gabriel Rodriguez on art duties. While Locke & Key is a horror/suspense book it did not adequately prepare me for how disturbed I would be by Horns. I mean, I liked the book and everything but it did creep me out. I enjoy suspense novels but there was just something extra here that gave me the heebie jeebies.

In the novel we follow the journey of Ig Perrish a year after he was rightly/wrongly accused of brutally murdering his long time girlfriend. The Ig of a year ago was a saint as we discover through flashbacks but now he is literally becoming the devil complete with horns growing out of his head.

Let's just say that this novel is full of "bad things happen to good people" which makes it painful to read at times but ultimately satisfying. 

No comments: