Thursday, January 10, 2013

Books I'm Looking Forward to this Year

io9 pulled together an fantastic list of all the new hotness in science fiction and fantasy that will be release in 2013. Here are the books I'm most interested in reading.


  • The Gun Machine by Warren Ellis
  • A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
  • Homeland by Cory Doctorow
  • The Demonologist: A Novel by Andrew Pyper
  • Red Planet Blues by Robert J. Sawyer
  • London Falling by Paul Cornell
  • NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
  • The Human Division by John Scalzi
  • The Shambling Guide to NYC by Mur Lafferty
  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  • The Long War by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter
  • Neptune's Brood by Charles Stross
  • Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
  • The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi
  • The Abominable by Dan Simmons
  • Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? by Gary Wolf


What ones are you most looking forward to reading?

2 comments:

Joan Grau said...

All comics I can read, specially from Batman. Now with the court of the owls.

Some Asimov books. now with short tales II.

Finally, Stormrage, a warcraft history book.

Simon MacDonald said...

@Joan Grau

I didn't even bother to list all the comics I would read this year. That would take too long. Initially I was excited for Batman but now that I see it has devolved into two straight Batman family wide cross overs I'm less than enthused. I much prefer buying a single book that tells a complete story rather than getting sucked into buying all those cross overs. Stupid marketing departments.

Some good books along those lines are Chew, Sweet Tooth, Morning Glories, Unwritten, Saga, The Walking Dead, Locke & Key.