Sunday, March 2, 2014

Books I've Read This Week

Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal by Nick Bilton. Wow, just wow. I knew that Twitter was pretty tumultuous from the start but I had no idea how deep it went until I read this book. The entire book is a pretty engaging read and I have to say I had no idea who Noah Glass was until I read this book. Spoiler, he was a co-founder of Twitter and you probably didn't know that either.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who is getting into business with their friends as a cautionary tale. Besides that is is a pretty good Silicon Valley insider read.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. I've had this book on my stack for quite awhile but never got around to reading it until recently and I loved it. In the book the lead character is a 15 year old autistic boy who discovers the neighbours dog has been killed and he decided to find out who the murderer really is.

The book alternates between being a murder mystery, humours and tear jerkingly sad. As Christopher has a hard time dealing with his own emotions and detecting how other people feel we get some very awkward situations. Including Christopher discovering what part he has played in the dissolution of his own parents marriage.

No comments: